Tuesday, October 12, 2010

20 Years Old in DC!!

This past weekend was my 20th birhday! Finally I am not an invincible teenager. Although I did not get to see my family and have my puppy rip open my presents with her mouth, it was a pretty darn good birthday!!

I made red velvet cupcakes to take to work and I would say they were pretty popular based on the Thank You emails I got for making them as well as the fact that 20 of them were gone in an hour!! On Friday night we had a dessert party complete with cookies, more red velvet cupcakes, and a cake decorated like the WHITE HOUSE made by my friend Emily!!

Saturday was a girls day in Georgetown and a half-dozen of us went on a historic home tour of a place called Dumbarton House (no photography allowed) and wandered around the beautiful neighborhoods. as well as at lunch at Circa at Dupont where I had a delicious cheese sampler platter :) and some delicious pizza with mozarella, mushrooms, and prosciutto. YUMM!! That night I went to a DC United soccer game with my friend Jon. Even though they have not been a very good team this season, and lost 0-2 on my birthday it was great to see some soccer. It also reminded me how much I miss playing!

No comments:

Post a Comment